Moyer Law Group has the experience and know-how to handle the most sophisticated, complex legal issues in the business of construction. Construction law is a highly unique and complicated field of law. Moyer Law Group employs several lawyers with backgrounds in architecture and building construction, and has attorneys with decades of combined experience handling complex construction claims on multi-million dollar vertical and horizontal construction projects.
Moyer Law Group knows construction law, and is equipped to resolve the disputes our clients face in the most efficient and professional manner possible. Our attorneys are recognized for results, and have dedicated their careers to serving the construction industry. In particular, our attorneys spend the majority of their time litigating and arbitrating construction matters. We routinely represent contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, suppliers, manufacturers, developers, and others in the construction industry. Our reputation was built on providing personalized legal consultation on a broad array of construction issues, including:
- Bid Protests
- Construction Defects
- Debonding or Delaminating Stucco
- Roof Flashing or Membrane Failures
- Window Flashing and Installation
- Coating Applications
- Light Weight Concrete and Waterproof Membranes
- Site Work and Soil Stability
- Sealants and Caulking
- Threshold Inspections
- Construction Liens
- Contract Disputes
- Contract Preparation
- Delay and Disruption Claims
- Design Negligence
- Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices
- Products Liability claims related to construction materials
- Payment and Performance Bond Claims
- Statutory and Contractual Warranty Claims
Moyer Law Group understands our clients needs including the importance of risk avoidance and risk transfer. We regularly counsel our clients on how to maximize risk avoidance and risk transfer by providing educational training; drafting contract agreements, safety manuals and other handbooks in order to insulate our clients from liability; and working with many clients in perfecting the language in their construction agreements with respect to additional insured and indemnity requirements. We have also worked directly with our clients’ insurers and their insurance brokers to make sure that our clients are afforded the maximum protection available by contract and statute. When our clients’ requirements on additional insured coverage are not met, we know exactly what needs to be done both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Representative Experience of Attorneys:
- Represented a general contractor in a multi-million dollar construction defect lawsuit related to a Gulf Coast hotel.
- Represents a railing installer related to a multi-million-dollar construction defect lawsuit at a high-rise condominium in South Florida.
- Litigation over the alleged improper design of a water management system in a large North Florida community.
- Resolved dispute for a contractor related to several large single-family homes before the American Arbitration Association.
- Advised client and property manager concerning transactions and litigation issues pertaining to commercial properties in Central Florida.
- Represents several stucco installers related to defect claims at multiple high-rise condominiums in South Florida, residential communities with single family homes and town homes in Central Florida as well as at a South Beach hotel.
- Represents the developer of a large community in a pre-suit matter on the Central Florida coast.
- Represented numerous glass and glazing subcontractors in breach of contract and negligence claims as to claims of defects at high rise buildings.
- Resolved several multi-million dollar claims against multiple state-wide developers which included numerous third party and cross-claims.
- Represented threshold inspector related to inspection services where a post tension failure occurred.
- Prosecuted lien claims against homeowners and contractors.
- Drafted construction agreements for numerous commercial construction companies.
- Handled numerous ADA related construction claims for commercial developer.